Friday, February 3, 2012

Donuts Combat Depression....news at 11

Even better, these donuts are easy peasy.
After the last few weeks of me dieting, my kids are a little droopy.
My husband is trying to cut calories as well so to make things easy on him and I, I found this recipe from Paula Deen. Yup. Good ole' canned buscuits.
Its really quite easy.
Lay out the eight buscuits and cut small center holes in each.
Heat oil in a dutch oven to about 350 degrees.
Drop the donut/buscuit dough into the oil, and turn once it's brown.
(the first one was not done all the way through, so I turned the heat down a bit and cooked the others longer)
After I removed them from the oil, I placed them on a paper towel.
I used 1/2 C. sugar and mixed with 1 T. cinnamon in a bowl to then coat the each donut.
Yummy. I ate a few of the holes, which was cheating on the diet, but just what I needed to hit the craving but not ruin the whole day!!!!!

I seriously could have eaten several hearing all the "Oh man,"s and the "So good!"s.
Back to the leans and greens.

1 comment:

  1. paula dean+donuts= "oh no she di'int!" bet those were crazy good.

    ReplyDelete