Tuesday, April 5, 2011

1000 gifts...or so I hope

Ok, I'm reading it...again.
Yes, I read it.
Yes, If you read it, it will make you want to re-read it.
No, you won't be able to stop yourself from voicing your gratitude. Not to me. To God.
Isn't that what this life is about? What it should be about?

We can't truly know salvation, or at least know it's fullness in this life, unless we express our gratitude and recognize the gifts God has bestowed on us. Life change comes when we receive life with thanks and ask for nothing to change...I wish I had said that, but that was Ann Voskamp's words, the author.
Like Ann, I crave more time to manage just the life I already have. To savor the joy that comes from slowing the world to pick out the greatest to the tiniest gifts, now, here.

But aren't we flowing at a neck-breaking, heart-breaking speed? I am. I never see the blessings I have and because of it, I complain, and complain and complain.

I have started a list of my 1000 gifts. I started writing down those things that stop my motion and call out in their small voice to be noticed. I hope to bring so of those to light here. To capture them in sight and written prose so that on the days when I am caught up in the river of rush, that I can look at them, refresh the love for the savior and the saved, and bring the joy back.

1 comment: